Sunday 20 October 2013

Brixham Street Art

A trip to Brixham 


I have recently just got back from a week long trip down south to Dawlish, Devon.  We spent each day travelling to a different area on the south coast to see what hidden treasures we could find.

On day five we decided to head to Brixham, a picturesque town home to reams of galleries, seaside shops, a beautiful harbour and plies of history.  We had high expectations heading to Brixham and knew that we wouldn't be short of any charming things to photograph.  

When strolling down Market street I noticed an interesting piece of stencil street art so i stopped and took a quick snap of this interesting artistry.  As I carried on I noticed another one, this being a rat with a camera, this is when I realised I had seen this art before; it was that of the famous London graffiti artist 'Banksy'.  So I decided to google 'Brixham street art' to see if i could find out more about what I had found, turns out that this is the work of a copycat artist who has been leaving duplicated pieces of Banksy's art work all over the town. I found the edginess of these pieces of art with the quaint streets of this little town as a backdrop really interesting, so spent the rest of the afternoon walking around in search for more!  Unfortunately I found that some of the controversial art had been removed by either the council or the owners of the buildings or had been defaced by other, less talented graffiti artists, but I did photograph the pieces I did find and thought I'd share them with you. 

Banksy Style Street Art




All the above images are copyright to Melissa-Jordan Wale ©



No comments:

Post a Comment